Sunday, 29 April 2012

Feather Your Nest ENTRY Make it Do Wallhanging

Well, I have entered this little wall hanging into the Feather your nest competition at stumblesandstitches.blogspot.com

This wallhanging has been in my mind for a while now, ever since I was gifted some vintage curtains to turn into “something nice”. I thought the saying was very apt to reuse and recycle the fabrics with! The words are appliqu├ęd and stitched using various techniques and many other upcycled fabrics, mostly from my children’s old clothes and the buttons....well they are all vintage and cut off our old clothing too. I really enjoyed making this and pushing myself to have a go at different stitching techniques and overall I am very happy with the effect. It is hanging in our hallway and I love it there.
More photos at"http://www.flickr.com/photos/karenhughes100/sets/72157629561780298/ ( not sure if I've done that correctly)

Can't wait to see all the other entries.

2 comments:

  1. What a great job, good luck with the competition if it hasn't been drawn yet.

    Hugs
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I didn't win, but that doesn't bother me. The competition was the impetus I needed to get it done!

      Delete